Saturday 8 August 2009

Midaus Nektaras Suktinis


And so as the evening progresses. I’m investigating the bands of the night on My Space. I’m not sure when the world changed such that every music act the world over embraced My Space, and I wonder if this is the difference and the virtue of My Space over Facebook.

So to the penultimate Midaus product the Suktinis at 50%, again a half finished mead product with alcoholised blueberry, black and red currant juice and lemon juice.

A very different scent to the last, with a pleasant cinnamon air, although there’s no such listing on the bottle.

The first sip is strange indeed, sort of herbal with a sweet milder sting. I don’t know if we’re anywhere near the world of Mead anymore, but I think we’re doing credit to the world of Metheglin’s.

The final taste is increasingly herbal, almost a green leaf taste, not minty but along those lines, perhaps more of a nettle than a mint, with that alcoholic reminder.

Listening to Smokey Bastards version of ‘Drunken Sailor’ definitely helps the spirit go down, although the song Sprocket has more appropriate lyrics.
If a man can’t drink while he’s living, how the hell can we drink when he’s dead?

Feckless nihilism awaits…..

2 comments:

  1. i have just found a stoneware bottle 50cl Drinker of Mead, Midaus Nektaras Sventine 50% on a grass verge it tastes like concentrated fruit honey and a powerful warming kick i am a lucky man. in the uk i wonder what its worth after import tax lol i got it free ner ner ner ner

    ReplyDelete
  2. A complex high herbal flavor is topped with a nutmeg-like overtone. Powerful and beautiful, then mouth watering for a for minutes. Time for another slight sip.
    I have some in a small snifter now. It's a wonderful life.
    SUKTINIS Liquor 50%, first came to me with a visitor from Lithuania. This proved to be an honor. Since then I bought a 1 liter keg at The Lithuania Store in nearby Chicago. The store is now extinct. My Keg is not (dead yet).

    Anyone who loves a fine adventure in fine liquor must seek out this modestly priced Mead.

    GIN (above) has posted a good description. Cheers, John

    ReplyDelete