Sunday 19 July 2009

Pennards Organic Mead


So after the trials of Glastonbury I came home with a wee bottle of Mead. I’d drunk a fair amount at Glastonbury but came to the conclusion that it would hardly be a fair trial to try and piece together my recollections.

So the initial taste is sweet and smooth with quite a bitter sting, It’s been sitting in the fridge for a while now, so equally it may have turned slightly sour which in itself is a novel experience. Not unpleasant, still sweet but perhaps an aroma of something more bitter than the meads I’m used to.

So a resolution on the next occurrence I buy mead in the fresh air, either drink it fresh or not at all. And to the Avalon vineyard I pledge to try another bottle.

And an end note: Maybe the mead has survived better than one would have expected. After the first few sips seem to blend the slightly odd aroma, which may be more lemon than sour. Equally my mind is an occasionally funny organ and known for its tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment