Monday 29 June 2009

Mud and Mead


After a hectic few days at the Salisbury Beer Festival, the Stonehenge Soltice gathering and some fairly dramatic times with Greenpeace, I made it to Glastonbury and the biggest festival of the year.

At the beer festival I had half an eye out for some Mead, but was to be disappointed. In the daytime the gift shop at Old Sarum had the range from Lyme Bay, but I was hesitant to carry too much glass out to the Stones, and was recovering from an unfortunate incident falling out of a moving car (Don’t ask).

So to Glastonbury and the Avalon Vineyard, in nearby West Pennard who sold Mead on tap, and compared to other alcohol at the festival at a pretty competitive price. At least £ per abv/volume.

The festival was as fun as ever, although I’m feeling like I haven’t really challeneged myself this year, my feet hurt and I may have od’ed on folk music. Still it’s about as much fun as you can have in a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment